Tuesday, May 1, 2007

1st of May..

Today was a really good way of starting the new month.One thing I realise in myself is that I don't appreciate the months that go by in a year as much as I should.Think about it;each month only appears ONCE in ONE year.Then you have to wait the next year for the month to come.It's sort of like birthdays,which if you haven't realised,happens only ONCE every single year.For some people it's ONCE every FOUR YEARS!!I wonder what that feels like?Does it make the person feel more or maybe less special?Birthdays aren't always the greatest day of the year,not to me at least.
Being able to run on a proper track again is sooooooo nice!!I just love running.Well,mostly when I win.=P The adrenaline pumping throughout my whole body.My heart beat racing.My palms start to sweat and the knot in my stomach becomes tighter.Time seems to go by painstakingly slow as I'm waiting for the signal to start.I get agitated and start to fidget,moving so very slightly in fear that the signal might catch me off guard.I stare straight ahead,not bothering to look who my opponents are.On your mark!Get set!GO!!I start pushing myself forward.Legs moving,eyes focused on the path in front of me.There's no sounds,no sights around me.The voices are shut out,all except for the voice in my head.Silently praying as I run.One by one the other runners are forced to try to regain composure as I cut past them.The wind has never felt so good.I push my muscles some more,not letting them settle for pain without the placing I want.Soaring,although it feels like something is trying to pull me back,to stop me from getting furthur ahead.Finally,the finish line.No one else has reached there before me and I jump for joy!Not realising,and not caring how silly I looked with the goofy grin on my face.

1 people who make me smile.:

Arun Madas said...

nice post... BTW... Once in a year, every day on the calender celebrates its birthday and every one wants the day to go fine.. no body wants to wish the day - "Happy Birthday, see you next year... ".. if the day is bad - "Happy Birthday, dont come like how you came this year.. today was bad for me".. hehe.. BTW, are you a sports person who does 100 meters sprint... ??