Saturday, June 2, 2007

Self-Worth

I was just sitting here,thinking about things that have happened in my life,incidents that have scarred me emotionally and mentally,and I've decided I don't want to have to look at those incidents with regret and fear anymore.God didn't create us to be bullied by people,to be afraid of things in our lives.He created us to shine for Him,to praise Him,to love Him.There are so many things I've did in life that I'm not proud of,and I'm pretty sure I will never be proud of,but that doesn't mean those things should haunt me or discourage me.People shouldn't have to look at me and make me feel uncomfortable,because nobody can make me feel inferior without my permission.I am a woman of God and God created women as helpers,not as someone to disrespect and look down upon.Its stated in Genesis 2:18.There are so many men in my own life that have made me feel so worthless and I can't just sit down and be quiet about anymore.I know how precious I am and how much I'm loved by my Father and the people around me.Why should I have to put up with all those nonsense?I get especially irritated by strangers who just stare at girls like they want to eat them up.They don't have any respect for women.My friend told me she was walking along the roadside on day.This motorcyclist passed by with his girlfriend sitting behind him.He looked at my friend,gave her this really disgusting look and whistled at her!I was shocked when I heard about it.I mean,DUDE!!You're girlfriend is behind you and you're looking around at other girls.He disrespected 2 women at one go.Imagine how hurt his girlfriend might have been.The world we live in now is so self-centered.So many songs that are played on radio are about how much I am in pain,how I am over You,how You weren't good enough for Me or stuff like that.They always portray a picture of how 'perfect' they are and how the other person was the one who made the mistakes and not they themselves.Reality check;the world doesn't revolve around ONE PERSON.God created this world for all of us.God created women so men didn't have to be alone.Not so men can abuse women and tell them they're not worth anything.God didn't create ANYONE better than the other person.We are all equal.We each have something the other person doesn't,but that doesn't make you the better person.Know you're worth,that's really important,but also know that no one deserves to be treated like they're not worth it.So wake up!

0 people who make me smile.: