Friday, July 13, 2007

2007/08 Prefectorial Board Installation...Tick...

Yupzz...today was my school's prefect installation day.It was the fastest installation I have ever experienced,and I've experienced a few before.I have no idea why,but it feels like time is just water flowing over my fingers;something I experience,but can never really get a hold on.So,this year I'm Head of Cleanliness,something I never thought I'd be in charge of.I'm so NOT clean.Hahaha,but I love my senior Ellana,and my 2 partners,Jaya and Cynthia.They're such clowns and really reliable people.They make picking up rubbish all over the school so much easier and quite fun honestly.In MGS,we have a tradition of passing the torch,or rather the candle from the outgoing board of prefects to the upcoming board.Then,the new Head girls light some candles and pass it to their Ex-cos.It has been a fun week of fooling around while practicing for the installation and goofing off when we're really supposed to be cleaning and decorating the school hall.Plus,we missed so many lessons.Hahahah..and the teachers couldn't scold us for it.=P Now that the installation is done,that's one thing I can tick off my list of things to do.The next 2 items on my list are the last CF meeting of the year and worship team auditions,both of which are really important to me and are making me feel so extremely nervous.This CF meeting is mega important because it's to steer the Christians in my school back to having the right attitude about CF.God has just really stirred my spirit a lot about this particular thing.I'm so sick and tired of seeing Christians in my school who'd rather do other things than put God first.School is another place where you're supposed to shine for God,not just for total and complete fun and fooling about.Just because our pastors and parents don't see us in school as much as they do in church is not a reason for us to not worship God in school.You're supposed to be everything you can be for God in every aspect,every place of your life,NOT just in church where people see you and expect it of you.What about what GOD expects of YOU??Don't you think that's the most important reason?During Fire Up,God really challenged me to trust Him and put this event in His hands and I do trust Him with all my heart,soul and might.Plans might not be going as smoothly as I'd like them to be,but that doesn't matter,because I know that this is what God wants to see happening in my school;His children coming back to the Lord,turning away from the worldly things and just worshiping Him again.I get so disappointed seeing the CF members having the attitude of 'I'd rather do something else than attend CF'.If I myself am this disappointed at them,how disappointed is God at them?What makes me even more disappointed is the fact that I myself tend to get drifted away from God and to the ways of man.I'm not perfect,Lord.No where near it and I can never be,but Lord,I want to be the best that I can be for You.Whenever I stumble or fall,I feel so ashamed,so full of anger at my own self for not being able to do things for myself sometimes.I get so tempted to cry out for Your help,but it feels like I'm a burden to You sometimes.Lord,I know You want to be involved in my life in every way possible,I know now You want me to call for Your help and to share all my problems with You.Sometimes it's just hard,knowing that so many other people have problems way bigger than mine.It just makes me feel inadequate for seeking Your help over tiny matters sometimes,but I know Lord,You'll still help me and be there for me.I love You,Jesus!I'm going to push all those insecurities away and just focus on You.Nothing else matters except You.

0 people who make me smile.: