Friday, July 20, 2007

Canada vs Singapore

The two countries I'll almost 100% be going to do college in.I was just talking with my mom just now about why she wanted me to do Form 6 instead of just going straight to college.I had no idea she'd already plan so much for my future.I mean,I know she's thought about it and all,but I guess the fact that she's never discussed it with me before this just made me oblivious to it.It being my mom thinking about what I was going to do after SPM.Well,she told me the reason she wanted me to do Form 6 is so that if I end up going to Singapore,then I won't have to take O levels and can get started straight away with A levels.SPM;it used to be like a fairytale to me.I never thought I'd in a sense make it to this level.Not making it not as in not achieving results good enough,but not being alive.I used to think that I'd die young for some weird and morbid reason.So yeah,enough of my extremely 'unique' mind.I really can't believe that I'm turning 16 this year.I can barely remember what I was like in primary school.Being a teenager used to seem so faraway and I just couldn't wait to get my IC.My IC was like proof that I'm finally a teen.Now,I wish I could turn back time and just be a kid again.Things were so much more easier;living a naive and simple life where things that used to be so important then just seem so silly now.The world look so huge to me last time.Even a car ride that lasted 20 minutes felt like 3 hours of non-stop fun,looking at the scenery and imagining I could one day drive.Now,in probably about a year or so,I'll really be able to drive(if I pass my driving test),and even driving won't thrill me anymore.Growing up just takes all the wonder out of life.Everything that seemed like such a task and challenge when we were younger now seem so insignificant.At least,that's how I look at it.Now,thinking of college,it still feels a little far away,yet,I can tell time is just going to breeze by and then I'll be in a different country with a whole new group of people,learning new things and leaving a lot of things behind(temporarily).The thought scares me a lot.I guess life is about changes.No change,I don't think that's possible at all.So,whatever changes take place in my life in time to come,I really want to do my best to embrace it and not shirk away from it.

0 people who make me smile.: